Sprint BuyBack Program ("Program") is a wireless device collection program that is available at participating Sprint stores ("In-Store"), participating Sprint authorized business representatives ("ABR"), and on www.sprint.com and related websites ("Online"). By participating in the Program, you agree that you are bound by these Program terms and conditions as well as any other written services and transaction materials that Sprint may provide you with or refer you to during the Program transaction and any confirmation materials that Sprint may provide or refer you to. You also agree that your participation is governed by Sprint's General Terms and Conditions of Service ("Ts&Cs"), which are available at www.sprint.com/termsandconditions, and that these terms and conditions are incorporated into the TS&Cs. This Program is included in the definition of Services in the Ts&Cs. For purposes of interpreting these terms and conditions and the Ts&Cs with respect to this Program, "Sprint" includes Sprint's agents, vendors, and suppliers that provide any of the underlying products and services that comprise the Program. Sprint reserves the right to modify the Program, these terms and conditions, and the Ts&Cs at any time without notice in its sole discretion. If you do not agree with the modifications, your sole and exclusive remedy is to not participate in the Program.
1. Eligibility. To receive a Buyback Credit (defined below), you must be a new or existing Sprint customer with an active account with a recurring service charge in good standing. Existing Sprint customers may participate Online. New or existing customers may participate in the Program In-Store at a participating Sprint-owned store or a Preferred Retailer Sprint store. The Program is not available at all locations. The Program is not available to minors: you must be at least eighteen years old to participate. For each 12-month period, you may only return five devices per active line of service for a Buyback Credit. If you do not meet the eligibility requirements, you can return any inactive device to Sprint Project Connect.
2.1 Types of Credits - No Installment Agreement on Account. The Program offers either (a) an in-store credit toward a new device or accessory at the time of the return ("In-Store Credit") or (b) a service credit that is applied to your account ("Account Credit") (the In-store Credit and Account Credit are collectively referred to as "Buyback Credit"). An eligible Online or ABR trade-in will result in an Account Credit.
2.2 Types of Credits - Installment Agreement on Account. For accounts with a device financing agreement ("Installment Agreement") in effect for any line on the account, the Program applies the Buyback Credit depending upon whether the returned device is submitted In-Store, through the Online program, or by using an ABR. For In-Store transactions, the Program offers either an In-Store Credit or an Account Credit. The In-Store Credit cannot be used to pay down the balance of an Installment Agreement or applied towards the purchase of a new device subject to an Installment Agreement. For eligible Online transactions, the Program applies the Buyback Credit as a prepayment towards the outstanding balance under any Installment Agreements on the account. If the Buyback Credit exceeds the outstanding balance(s), any remaining amount will be applied to the account. For ABR transactions, the trade-in will result in an Account Credit.
2.3 Application of Credit. An Account Credit is applied to the invoice within three (3) billing cycles of receipt of the device(s). An eligible In-Store trade-in will result in an In-Store Credit or Account Credit. Sprint's issuance of a Buyback Credit is dependent upon your trade-in of an eligible device. Sprint does not offer refunds or cash reimbursement through this Program.
2.4 Credit Eligible Devices. Specifically identified Sprint and other U.S. carrier devices are eligible for a Buyback Credit. Sprint devices submitted for a Buyback Credit must have been previously active for a minimum of 30 calendar days on the account specified on the information that you provide Sprint. Buyback Credits will only be issued for eligible devices that are in working order and have a valid electronic serial number ("ESN") or international mobile equipment identity ("IMEI"). Devices submitted under the Program must not be currently activated on any wireless network.
2.5 Ineligible Devices. Devices that do not meet the criteria contained in these terms and conditions will not be eligible for a Buyback Credit, and Sprint will not return the devices. If Sprint determines that any device that you submitted to this Program is ineligible, lost, or stolen, then Sprint will not issue you a Buyback Credit, and Sprint will not return the device. Apple devices that are not reset or wiped prior to returning are ineligible. (see section 3)
2.6 Device Value. When you submit your device information to Sprint, Sprint will give you a valuation quote. You must accurately state the make, model, condition, and quantity of the devices. If you do not accurately state this information or fail to include all accessories with the device (for example, battery, extra battery, device cover, or earplugs), then Sprint may adjust the valuation quote in Sprint's sole discretion without notice. All valuation quotes are within Sprint's sole discretion, and valuation quotes may change at any time in Sprint's sole discretion without notice. The trade-in value of the device is non-negotiable. If you submit your device In-Store, the valuation quote is only valid at the time Sprint delivers the valuation quote to you. If you submit your device Online, Sprint must receive the device within 45 days of the date that you receive your quote or the amount of the Buyback Credit and eligibility of devices could change.
3. Data / Personal Information Removal. Sprint typically attempts to erase data, which may include contacts lists, call history, email, SMS files, calendars, photos, videos, ringtones, and web browsing history, from devices collected through its wireless recycling programs. However, Sprint cannot ensure that any personal data will be removed. Sprint encourages you to remove all data from devices before you provide it to Sprint. Sprint is not responsible for any data that may be on devices. Consult the user guide or the manufacturer for more information about how to delete data from devices. Here are eight simple tips to help you erase your personal information.
Customers with an Apple iPhone or iPad must reset or wipe their device prior to returning or exchanging the Giveback Device. On the device choose: Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings to complete this action. The device must have data connectivity to complete these steps. Failure to do so will make your device ineligible.
4. Deactivation of Service on Devices. You must deactivate all services to your devices. Sprint is not responsible for previous or subsequent wireless charges accrued to your devices prior to or following your participation in the Program. If you incur any charges, it is your responsibility to pay these charges.
5. Sprint Cannot Return Devices. Sprint will not be able to return any device that you submit to the Program for any reason, even if you request that Sprint return the device within the timeframes contained in the Sprint return policies, which are available at www.sprint.com/returns.
6. Device Title. By participating in this Program, you represent that you have title, ownership, and interest in the devices you submit, and you transfer the title, ownership, and interest in the devices to Sprint. You agree that Sprint will not have any liability in excess of the accepted trade-in value for the devices that you submit to this Program.