The Sprint Buyback Program collects old, unwanted wireless devices (regardless of carrier or manufacturer) for reuse or recycling. Many of these devices are eligible for account credit.
Sprint offers an instant credit toward a new phone purchase as an account credit or on accessories at point of sale, or account credit for online trades upon receipt of your device for online trade–ins — anytime, whether a customer is buying a new phone or not. Sprint also allows customers to trade-in up to three phones per line at any time and five in a calendar year. T–Mobile, on the other hand, only allows one phone trade-in per line and only allows customers to trade–in their phone when purchasing a new device.
The goal and benefit of the Sprint Buyback Program is to properly reuse or recycle electronic waste—in an effort to help maintain our environment for future generations.
• Sprint Buyback has been ranked No. 1 among national carriers by Compass Intelligence, a leading market analytics and consulting firm, the last three years in a row for having the best value and making it convenient for customers to take advantage of the program in-store and online.
• Sprint offers an instant credit toward a new phone purchase as an account credit or on accessories at point of sale, or account credit upon receipt of your device for online trade-ins — anytime, whether a customer is buying a new phone or not.
Choose from one of the following options:
1. Get an instant quote for your eligible device.
2. Mail your device using our pre-paid shipping label.
3. Receive account credit.
Note: Customers in the U.S. Virgin Islands are not able to participate online. Please visit your local Sprint Corporate store.
1. Visit your local Sprint Corporate store.
Note: Store names with “by XXX” in the title are not Corporate stores. Corporate stores are labeled as “Sprint Store”.
2. Ask if your current device qualifies for an instant in-store credit towards the purchase of a new Sprint device.
3. Purchase your new Sprint device and trade in your old eligible device.
Note: If your device does not qualify for a credit, you can still recycle it with Sprint Project ConnectSM to help fund Internet safety for kids.
To participate in the Buyback Program online, follow these simple steps:
1. Get your quote. Simply fill out the online Buyback form.
2. Print your prepaid shipping label. Attach the prepaid shipping label to the shipping box of your choice.
3. Send your eligible device. Please ship your device(s), with the battery attached. Note that the prepaid shipping label will ship only to the Sprint Recycling Warehouse.
Important! You must use the prepaid shipping label when shipping your equipment to ensure you receive account credit.
4. Receive your account credit. Sprint cannot apply the account credit until the device(s) has been received.
Important! The device must meet the program criteria including: correct model, powers up, contains no loose internal components, has no obvious damage beyond normal wear and tear, and includes the battery.
Once a Buyback quote is generated online, the offer amount is valid for 45 days. Important! Sprint must receive your device(s) within 45 days of your offer acceptance or the amount of the Buyback credit and eligibility of devices could change.
There are two shipping options available for the Buyback Program:1. United States Postal Service (USPS) = packages can be dropped off at any U.S. Postal Service pickup or mail box, including your home.
Reminder: Shipping is free through our prepaid shipping label.
The equipment is tested by a technician to assess the condition. Most of the devices can be reused. Sprint invests significant resources to clean, refurbish, update the software and repair the handsets. They are then thoroughly tested again before they are considered ready for other uses. If the equipment cannot be repaired, they can still be used for parts or they are recycled according to all Federal and State environmental regulations.
Some devices are recycled into parts which are used to fix broken devices. Many are broken down to be reused in other manufactured products.
Note: All recycling program vendors are ISO certified. All recycled products meet Federal and State environmental regulations.
Yes. We encourage environmentally safe disposal of all wireless electronic products. If you do not have the ability to dispose of these items appropriately, we encourage you to bring them into the store or send them in with your device(s). No additional incentive is offered for accessories.
No, once the trade-in is completed Sprint cannot return the phone back and reverse the prior credit.
It is your responsibility to delete all information from your device (including the memory card) before you submit it to Sprint. Sprint cannot be held responsible for removing information or data from your device. Here are eight simple tips to help you erase your personal information.
No, Sprint is only able to issue a bill credit. You may also choose to "gift" your credit to Sprint Project Connect to help fund and promote free Internet safety resources for kids.
Your Sprint bill or online account contains both your account number and your mobile phone number.
Sprint donates the net proceeds from the sale of equipment to fund and promote Internet safety for kids. Sprint partners with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, the National Education Association Health Information Network, and the Family Online Safety Institute to provide free tools, resources and information to help kids make safer and more informed decisions online. For more details, visit Sprint Project ConnectSM.